|Course Content: Did you know that there are 7 senses? Or wait is that 8? or 9? At any rate, no matter how many there are, a great writer uses ALL of them in EVERY place possible in their writing.
In this course, you will learn about our senses, how they work, and when, where and how to use them in your current WIP to set the scene, deepen emotion, and spark up action. Many resources for describing sensory elements will be provided.
- Lesson 1: Our Senses – How they work and why writers can’t leave them out
- Lesson 2: Our Basic Senses: Writing about touch
- Lesson 3: Our Basic Senses: Writing about smell
- Lesson 4: Our Basic Senses: Writing about taste
- Lesson 5: Our Basic Senses: Writing about sound
- Lesson 6: Our Basic Senses: Writing about vision
- Lesson 7: Going Beyond: Writing about the vestibular sense and kinesthetic sense
- Lesson 8: Putting it all together: Examples and cautions
- Bonus Materials
STAR Special Every participant in this workshop will receive a critique of their first three chapters, with special attention to the use of sensory language.
Zara West loves all things adventurous,and heart-stopping as long as they lead to true love, but that doesn’t help her keep all her story details organized. This workshop grew out of her frustration with the massive amount of research and world building she has done in her own writing, and her attempts to shoe box it into a usable format.
Zara is an online instructor in education and technology at the college level and an award-winning author of both fiction and non-fiction. Her romantic thriller series The Skin Quartet is published by Wild Rose Press . The second book in The Skin Quartet series, Close to the Skin, won fist place in the 2016 Pages of the Heart and second in the Rone Award. Her historical novels set during the Civil War have won first place in the Romance through the Ages contest and long-listed for the Mslexia Award.
Author Website https://www.zarawestromance.com
Cost: ($25 RWA Members); $30 (non-RWA members)